2017-2018 Membership Drive & Incentives
The American Society Board of Directors extends an invitation to our community to join this great organization and to our former members to renew or reinstate their membership. The Board is renewing the membership drive offering incentives to past members encouraging them to return and making it attractive for new members to join the American Society of Panama. We have developed a very active and attractive calendar of events and want you to be part of these activities. Details of some listed and unlisted events are still in the planning states.
American Ball SPECIAL: New membership costs $60, but if a family joins The American Society of Panama now for $50 before the American Ball and they both attend the event, then they would save $60 and a single person new member would save $35. A single member may bring a guest at member price. To join visit www.amsoc.org or contact us at email@example.com.
2017 Membership dues must be up to date in order to obtain the lower membership price for these events:
1. Friday 22nd Sept. AN AMERICAN BALL Residence of US Ambassador
(Scholarship Benefit) Donation: Dues paid members- $75 Nonmembers- $100
2. October 21 (Saturday) Scholarship Recognition Ceremony Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall
3. November 19 (Sunday) Traditional Family Thanksgiving brunch Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall
Donations: Members: $35, Non-members: $45, Children 7 – 12: $15, Children under 6 Free
4. December Gala — pending
5. January 20, 2018 (Saturday) Traditional El Valle Picnic outing at Hotel Campestre in El Valle de Anton
Donations: Members $25, non-dues paid members $30 & nonmembers $35
& Charly’s famous Lasagna Dinner, FREE, for those attending Picnic & $30 donation for all nonmembers not attending the picnic that morning.
Tentative information for the following Meet and Mix and monthly events in 2018.
Currently in planning stages:
Note: all Meet and Mix events for 2018 locations to be determined
6. Monday, Feb 05 – Meet & Mix
7. Feb 25th: BBQ & Polo at the Hacienda Country Club
8. Monday, Mar 05 – Meet & Mix
9. April – Election Night Dinner Part
10. Monday, May 7th – Meet & Mix
11. May – Installation Dinner
Our website www.amsoc.org is up and running and lists many of our past and upcoming events. We need you to help us give back to the community. You the members are the pillars that sustain our organization. Your support helps us meet our social, charitable and scholarship commitments.
WE NEED YOU: Our membership fee is the prime source of funding for our scholarship fund and our supported charities. We are all volunteers.
Founded in 1931, and after 86 years of existence, The American Society of Panama now has a membership that includes Americans and Panamanians, as well as citizens of other nations residing in Panama. We are a non-profit organization, and are duly recognized as such by the Panamanian Government.
Together we can do more!
The American Society of Panama is offering an Amnesty to members who have not paid their 2017 dues and to all past members who would now like to reinstate their membership by paying the regular membership renewal fee of $50.
1. We are waiving the penalty fee of $10 for all returning members.
2. In addition, those past members who return and rejoin between 01 Sept. &
31 Dec. 2018 will have all arrears forgiven.
3. These returning, rejoining members and all new members as of 01 Sept. 2017 will also have that payment applied towards their 2017 and 2018 dues.
Our New Member family or single person fee is $60 (special for the American Ball is $50) and Membership Renewal is $50 and applicable for the calendar year and can be paid online at www.amsoc.org.
We encourage potential new members to visit our website www.amsoc.org and to apply electronically for membership. New members and renewing members may also pay their respective dues at any of our functions except the “An American Ball” or give to one of our board members.
You may also contact us at American.Society.Panama@gmail.com for more information and to obtain your tickets for our upcoming events.
Dr. Charles A. Garcia
The American Society of Panama
“Americans and Friends United Abroad”